Absentee Voting Home Page
Due to the passage of the statewide ballot proposal 18-3 in November 2018, all eligible and registered voters in Michigan may now request an absent voter ballot without providing a reason.
GO TO: MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF STATE web site to find out more information about absentee voting or to download an absentee ballot application. You can also call City Offices at 810.664.2902 to request an absentee ballot application.
Additional information relating to absentee voting:
- City offices will be open the Saturday preceding the election from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for absentee voting and voter registration only.
- The last day absent voter ballots will be issued by mail is 5:00 PM on the Friday prior to the election.
- Up to 4:00 p.m. on the Monday preceding the election, electors qualified to obtain an absent voter ballot may vote in person in the Clerk's office.
- An individual who registers to vote after 4:00 p.m. the Monday preceding the election or on Election Day by appearing in person at his or her's clerk's office is also eligible to obtain an absent voter ballot until 8:00 p.m. on Election Day. The ballot must be voted in person in the Clerk's office.
- You may make an "Emergency" request for an absentee ballot if you cannot attend the polls, on Election Day, because of:
- personal injury or illness
- a family death or illness that requires you to leave your community for the entire time the polls are open on election day.
The emergency must have occurred late enough that you could not file for a regular absentee voter ballot. If you are requesting an emergency absentee ballot, you may have someone deliver your written request for the ballot to your city or township clerk's office before 4:00 p.m. on Election Day.