Yard Waste & Brush Pick Up
CITY OF LAPEER
BRUSH PICK UP POLICY
The City of Lapeer picks up brush and yard waste materials each month throughout the year except for the month of November (Due to City-Wide Leaf Pick-Up). This Program starts on the 2nd of each month which allows time to place brush and yard waste at the curb three days prior to the 1st or on the 1st of each month. In performing this program City staff moves through each street one time picking up brush and yard waste. In order to pick up all debris in a timely manner, we ask for your cooperation in following the current Ordinance as outlined in Chapter 4, Solid Waste Collection & Disposal, and Section 4.11.
- Leaves, grass clippings, and any small, loose yard waste must be placed in paper bags or boxed (includes thorns, rose bushes) less than 50 lbs. The use of plastic bags is prohibited.
- All brush must be cut in length not to exceed 4 feet in length with all the cut ends facing the street and bundled less than 50 lbs each.
- Debris placed after the 1st day of the month will not be picked up and Code Enforcement will be notified of the violation.
- Brush and yard waste pick-up begins the 2nd day of each month. Material is permitted to be placed at the curb no more than three days prior to the 1st day of each month.
- Brush and yard waste once bagged or bundled is required to be placed between the sidewalk and curb or in some areas just behind the sidewalk. Do not place brush and yard waste in the street or gutter pan.
This program is intended to assist residents of the City of Lapeer and it is unlawful for yard waste from outside the City limits to be brought into the City of Lapeer for disposal.
City Ordinance 4.11 states that all brush must be cut in less than 4 ft. lengths and tied in bundles not to exceed 50 pounds. Your cooperation is needed to prevent injury and quicken the pick up process.
If you have any questions regarding the composting or brush pick up programs, please call the Department of Public Works at 664.4711.