CITY MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
Implementation of programs, ordinances and policies:
- Work with elected officials to achieve common goals and objectives for the community.
- Ensure that ordinances and policies approved by the elected officials are equitably enforced throughout the city.
- Ensuring the cost-effectiveness of programs, balancing budgets and securing the financial health of the community.
- Prepare the annual budget for submittal to elected officials for approval; implement budget upon approval.
- Generate City-wide Capital Improvement Program approved by City Commission.
- Anticipating future needs, organizing work operations and establishing timetables to meet community needs.
- Solicitation of bids from contractors and select/recommend the appropriate organization to perform the work.
- Provide direction and leadership to department heads, administrative personnel, other employees and those who provide direct services to the City.
- Interact with the City's various unions.
- Seek feedback from residents and members of the business community to address and problem solve.
- Investigate citizen complaints or issues within the administrative organization and recommend changes to elected officials.
- Bring to the community a commitment of maintaining the public trust and confidence in local government, achieve equity and social justice, affirm human dignity and improve the quality of life for all residence.