Turrill/Elm East-West Roof and Driveway Grant
ARE YOU IN NEED OF A NEW ROOF OR IS YOUR DRIVEWAY CURRENTLY DIRT? The City of Lapeer Housing Improvement Department (HID) may be able to help! The City of Lapeer has received a MSHDA Neighborhood Enhancement Program (NEP) grant for eligible homeowner-occupied residences located in the Turrill/Elm East-West Grant Area Neighborhood. The grant will focus on the replacement of aging roofs or the installation of concrete driveways for up o 11 eligible homeowners in the target area. Each household will receive up to $7,499 for their project with no lien or pay back requirements! Additional funding sources are available too! The funds received will be available through SUMMER 2021, so call today!
DO NOT WAIT—FUNDING is limited! Call 810.245.4212 or Email email@example.com
Household Requirements (not a complete list)
- Home must be located within the Turrill/Elm East-West Grant Neighborhood target area on designated streets — see highlighted streets on map
- Project priority based on family Area Median Income (AMI) percentage, with lowest percentage getting first preference—see chart below
- Home must be primary residence
- Taxes & Insurance must be up to date
- Maximum funding amount per project is $7,499 with no lien or pay back requirements
- Additional costs/requirements may be needed based on project
If project costs exceed grant fund limit, other funding options may be available if household qualifies. Homeowner may be required to have a lead-based paint or asbestos test completed. These costs will be the homeowner’s responsibility.
Area Median Income (AMI) limits by family size (limits subject to change):
|% AMI||1 person||2 person||3 person||4 person||5 person||6 person|