ARE YOU IN NEED OF A NEW ROOF? The City of Lapeer Housing Improvement Department (HID) may be able to help! The City of Lapeer has received a MSHDA Neighborhood Enhancement Program (NEP) grant for eligible homeowner-occupied residences located in the Turrill/Elm East Area Neighborhood. The grant will focus on the replacement of aging roofs for 5 eligible homeowners in the target area. Each household will receive up to $7,190 for their project with no lien or pay back requirements! Additional funding sources are available too! The funds received will be available Summer/Fall 2019 ONLY, so call today!
DO NOT WAIT—FUNDING FOR ONLY 5 ROOFS will be available!
Household Requirements (not a complete list)
- Home must be located within the Turrill/Elm East target area on designated streets — see highlighted streets on map
- Project priority based on family Area Median Income (AMI) percentage, with lowest percentage getting first preference—see chart below
- Home must be primary residence
- Taxes & Insurance must be up to date
- Maximum funding amount per project is $7,190 with no lien or pay back requirements
- Additional costs/requirements may be needed based on project
If project costs exceed grant fund limit, other funding options may be available if household qualifies. Homeowner may be required to have a lead-based paint or asbestos test completed. These costs will be the homeowner’s responsibility.
Area Median Income (AMI) Income Limits by Family Size (Limits subject to change):