Link Up Lapeer Video, part of the City of Lapeer Downtown Development Authority's Michigan Main Street Application:
- Our Mission: The Lapeer Main Street Program is a group of dedicated community members, business owners, and volunteers who are committed to preserving the historic significance of downtown Lapeer while enhancing our community and becoming a vibrant destination for residents and visitors to live, shop, work, and play.
- # LinkUpLapeer: Lapeer is a city on the rise, dedicated to preserving our history while gowning economically and focusing on creating a more vibrant community by working together. Join us, get connected, and link up with Lapeer.
- Flyer: Lapeer Main Street
- Flyer: Downtowns Matter
- Flyer: Volunteer!
- Flyer: Donations!
In 2014, 2015 and 2016 the City of Lapeer became involved with the Michigan Main Street (MMS) Program at the Associate Level. The MMS Program is part of the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) and supports strong objectives to improve Michigan's downtowns and traditional commercial neighborhood districts. When a community participates in a comprehensive revitalization effort, its downtown can experience a return of economic vitality benefits including:
- protect and strengthen the existing tax base
- create a positive community image
- create visually appealing and economically viable downtown buildings
- attract new businesses
- create new jobs
- increase investment in the downtown
- preserve historic architectural resources
- be specific to community needs.
The City of Lapeer is proud to say that in 2017, our community is striving for excellence and has applied to become a Select Level Main Street Community.