The City's funds and budgetary documentation is audited on a yearly basis. Currently the City's auditors are Layton and Richardson, PC, 1000 Coolidge Road, East Lansing, MI 48823.
Year ending 06.30.17:
Year Ending 06.30.16:
- Brownfield Redevelopment Authority
- Downtown Development Authority
- Economic Development Corporation
- Local Development Finance Authority
- Tax Increment Finance Authorities #1, #2, #3
- Ending June 30th, 2016: Comprehensive Audit
- Ending June 30th, 2015: Comprehensive Audit
- Ending June 30th, 2014: Comprehensive Audit
- Ending June 30th, 2013: Comprehensive Audit
The City has a limited amount of resources (tax dollars, property, equipment, labor, etc.) which must be allocated among many activities. Fiscal Year of the City is July 1st through June 30th. The City Manager is responsible to prepare and submit to the Commission a recommended budget covering the fiscal year. The budget, by Charter, is adopted in May of each year.
- Annual Budget: Fiscal Year 2017-2018
- Annual Budget: Fiscal Year 2016-2017
- Annual Budget: Fiscal Year 2015-2016
- Annual Budget: Fiscal Year 2014-2015
- Annual Budget: Fiscal Year 2013-2014
The City of Lapeer creates and adopts a program to carry out its long range planning objectives: the Capital Improvement Program (CIP). City Administration annually reviews and updates the CIP and the first year of the program is in conjunction with the City's Annual Budget.