The City Clerk’s Office maintains the following:
- Clerical support to the Mayor and City Comission
- Prepares agendas and records minutes of City Commission meetings
- City Ordinances
- Licensing required by Ordinance: business registration, solicitors, peddlers, etc.
- Resolutions approved by the City Commission
- Recording of legal documents
- Conducts elections in accordance with State and Federal law.
- Voter registration records
- Official city records
- City Commission minutes
- Public notices
- Receives nominating petitions for Mayor
and Commission offices
- Administers Oath of Office to City Officials
- Handles telephone system issues
- Processing of IFT (Industrial Facility Tax)
- Prepares policies and implementation process as driected by City Commission
Your City Clerk:
Donna began her career with the City of Lapeer in August 1983 and was appointed City Clerk in July 2002. Prior to appointment as City Clerk, she served as Deputy City Clerk and within the Finance Department as a Clerk Typist, Secretary, and Office Manager. She holds an Associates Degree and is working toward a BA in Business Administration. Donna earned the distinguished title Master Municipal Clerk (MMC) designation in October 2009; an accomplishment that took seven years. In 2009, Donna received the "Distinguished Public Servant Award" by the Lapeer County Municipal Clerk's Assocation.
Lapeer County Municipal Clerks Association (LCMCA)
Michigan Association of Municipal Clerks (MAMC)
International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC).
Lapeer, Michigan 48446
(810) 667-7164 fax
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The City Commission meets at 6:30 p.m. at City
Hall the first and third Mondays of every month.
You can view meeting dates, agendas and minutes
by visiting our Meetings page.